Hey guys, hope you’re all well. I’m really excited to share with you my article that was published in the July 2020 issue of The Inspired Guide magazine (here) enjoy.
The universe is always revealing and offering amazing gifts, and if we’re willing to be open to it and accepting, we can be the receivers of these gifts. We can see the magick and the wonders in the simple things of our everyday life. Walking can be an act of sacred union with the mystery, and fill us with great joy.
I love to go out for a walk, it’s part of my self-care, it gives me the opportunity to slow down and connect with nature. I love to walk with the awareness to receive the amazing, and although I walk mostly the same path, walking with the intention to see the wonder makes my walks exciting, special and magical. I’ll hear the sound of a bird that oh, I haven’t since last year. Or, I’ll suddenly notice the amazing scent in the air as I breathe. A feather on the ground my angels saying hi. Gorgeous purple flowers, or I’ll notice the trees are starting to shed their leaves getting ready for the winter months. Each season brings with it its own special gifts and charm.
I’m not always open to receiving, life gets in the way, emotions arise, I can’t seem to let go of thoughts that are disturbing my inner peace. But even on days when I’m not all there, just the act of having set an intention opens the door and a little bit of wonder finds its way into my heart.
I started to set an intention for my walks a couple of years ago, an idea I got from an online course I took. This practice has evolved over time and this is what I do now:
- Before I go out, I set the intention. I ask the universe to reveal wonder to me and I invite my angels, spirit guides, animal spirit guides, all beings who are with me to come along. I ask for their protection, their wisdom, their love and to help me see wonder.
- I have a rule, no thoughts allowed that will disturb my inner calm, this is a time that I give to myself to stay in mindful union with the mystery. When unwanted thoughts enter my mind, I refocus back to my intention.
- I have my cell phone with me for the sole purpose of taking pictures, I keep the sound turned off.
- I bring happiness to my mind, I say I’m happy happy happy, and I step out with a feeling of happiness and a knowing that wonder will be revealed to me on my walk today.
- At the end of my walk I always say thank you.
Taking a walk can be inspiring, energizing, joyful, peaceful, it can connect us with nature, it can elevate our spirit. It gives us the opportunity to slow down and get grounded. Even just a ten-minute walk can make a world of difference in how we feel.
Turning our walk into an intention for finding wonder is a gift we give to ourselves. When we open ourselves to notice, to smell the air, to see the details, to hear the sounds…we enter into a magical awareness and a oneness with the universe, honoring ourselves and honoring the universe and her gifts.
Happy walking & blessings.