I was thinking the other day how much greater my life has become since I started to love myself. The change is really amazing. Loving myself has been the catalyst to reclaiming myself and finding and discovering who I am.
Loving myself has opened the way to a love I hold deep within for myself and made me realize that I am the only one who can give to me what I really want my life to be.
This is my life, no one elses and I am responsible for everything I do, think, believe, give to myself, deny myself…everything. I also realized that I am responsible for loving myself, that what I’m looking to get from others I already have inside of me to give to myself. If I’m waiting for someone to come along and validate me, love me, care for me, that’s on me, I’m choosing to give that power to someone else instead of harnessing it myself for myself. So, I took myself off the back burner and placed myself on top of the list and what a game changer. It’s changed my life.
Here are just 5 ways in which loving yourself will change you:
- When you love yourself you’ll feel more alive, you’ll feel liberated.
- When you love yourself you’ll strive to take better care of your health. Your self-care and wellbeing will be of the utmost importance to you. You’ll start to pay better attention to what you need to keep your body, mind and spirit in optimum health.
- When you love yourself you’ll change how you talk to yourself, you won’t put yourself down or criticize yourself, you’ll nourish yourself with words and thoughts that uplift you.
- When you love yourself you’ll remove the barriers that are in the way of being who you truly are.
- When you love yourself, you’ll have the courage to give to yourself happiness and everything else that you want.
And these are just a few of the changes that will enrich your life.
If you’re not loving yourself, ask yourself why? I used to believe that loving myself was somehow sinful, that it made me a bad person, I was afraid of what others might think of me. But, let me ask you this, why is it better to not love yourself, to not create a life that makes you happy to be in it? Why is it so wrong to live from an energy of love? When you love yourself you exude loving energy to others.
My invitation for you today – love yourself – and if you’re concerned that loving yourself will make you selfish or a bad person in any way, consider this, while caring and giving to others is part of our very nature as humans, what do we really have to give or care with, if we abandon our own selves, if we don’t fill our own cup first 🙂
Your own love is the greatest gift you can give to yourself.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
What I’ve found delightful around the web:
If you’re like me and you love seasonal scents in your home, here is an easy to make Homemade Potpourri, here
And since this is hot cocoa season, here is a simple recipe for hot cocoa for one.
Well, that’s it for today. I hope this blog post serves you and inspires you. Leave a comment love to hear from you.
Wishing you a happy, bright and blessed week ahead.
- journal writing
COPYRIGHT MASHA G. ELLMAN 2022
2 thoughts on “5 Ways Loving Yourself Will Change You”
I love this article, its so true that giving yourself grace makes you treat other people better and remove the barriers from being your best self!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m so glad this post resonates for you, thank you for your wonderful comment, have a wonderful weekend xo